Why You Need An SEO Audit
With roughly 7 billion online searches happening every single day, and 75% of searchers never looking further than the first results page, SEO is more important than ever. An SEO audit can help your website to rank higher in the search results and help your business reach more potential customers.
An SEO audit is a vital addition to any SEO campaign to ensure your efforts are focused in the right direction. The audit will provide solutions and ideas of what you need to do to move your site up in the rankings and beat the competition.
If you are wondering if an SEO audit is really a worthwhile investment, and how it could benefit your business, then you have come to the right place. We are sharing the top 5 reasons why you need an SEO audit and how it could help your business flourish.
Five Reasons Why You Need An SEO Audit
1. Algorithms Are Always Changing
Many businesses think that because their website was optimised for SEO when it was built all those years ago, it will still be optimised today. Search engines change their ranking algorithms all the time, and websites must keep up.
For example, in the past year, over 53% of all online traffic was from a mobile device. Just 43% of traffic was from a desktop. Google and other search engines now favour mobile-first content over desktop; an algorithm change only introduced recently.
The reason behind these constant algorithm changes is to provide a better user experience, but it can mean many businesses see a sudden drop in traffic. An SEO audit will ensure that you have a website that is up to the date and compliant with the most recent changes.
2. Identify Technical Issues
You might have the best-looking website in the world, but it won’t rank highly in search engines if the technical side is a mess. Technical SEO is used to help search engines crawl your website and find the information it needs. An SEO audit will look into:
- Speed: Google and other search engines will take into consideration the speed it takes your website to load when it chooses your results position. This is because they prioritise user experience above all else, and no one wants to wait for a slow website to load. You could have the best content in the world, but it is irrelevant if visitors bounce before it loads.
- Errors: Error pages should not be anywhere on your website, but they can happen over time as content changes. An SEO audit can identify these so you can remove and fix these issues. Redirects should also be kept to a minimum and can affect search engine rankings.
- Site Architecture: Search engines such as Google will look for a cohesive site architecture when crawling, and it helps users to find exactly what they are looking for. Subfolders should be used, and URLs should stay descriptive but short.
3. Quick Fix For On-Page Technical Issues
When it comes to SEO, there are some issues that an SEO expert can rectify very quickly and easily. During an SEO audit, an expert will review aspects such as meta descriptions and titles, headers and overall content. All of these things impact how your website ranks online and optimising them can help improve your overall visibility online.
Meta descriptions and titles should be the correct lengths and be informative yet engaging. Content on your website is one of the most important aspects of SEO. It should focus on you main target keywords without overuse.
4. Get To Know Your Competition
An SEO audit can help you to really get to know what your competitors are doing online, and what is working well for them. You can gain valuable insights into their websites and identify their weaknesses and strengths. This is great for learning which keywords are working well for them, and you can implement them into your own SEO strategy.
Another tactic is to find keywords that they do not rank well for and focus on boosting your ranking for those to gain the market share they are missing.
5. Gain Insight To Website Traffic
Your website performance is very important in identifying areas for improvement, and an SEO audit will do precisely that. You can gain insights into impressions, search volumes and URL clicks coming from search results. These can then be used to enhance your ranking and identify what is working well and what needs improvements.
An SEO audit is one of the most effective ways of diagnosing and benchmarking your website for both problems and successes.
Are You Ready To Climb Up The Search Rankings?
If you want to propel your business, increase user experience and improve your search rankings, then get in touch with our team at HeroSEO for your SEO audit.